Honokaa, HI 96727
The Kalopa State Recreation Area, located approximately 40 miles northwest of Hilo, is a state park featuring an arboretum of native trees. The park is 2,000 feet high and a number of rare plants can be found in the arboretum area, including endangered loulu palms, as well as a number of rare native hibiscus. Due to the altitude weather is typically damp and cold.
Kalopa State Recreation Area has the Kalopa Nature Trail for hikers, an easy 0.7 mi loop through a forest of native ʻohiʻa lehua trees.
- 9:39 AM HST on July 23, 2016
- 11:30 AM HST on July 23, 2016
- 4:54 AM HST on July 23, 2016
- 6:00 AM HST on July 24, 2016
- 6:15 AM HST on July 23, 2016
- 12:30 PM HST on July 23, 2016